Gram and Pap

Monday, January 12, 2009

Up to New Year's Day! Hurray!

Corrie posted a comment on New Year's Eve's Post saying she was pleased that I posted New Years so soon! Ha! On to New Year's Day!

Aaron, Prasti, Tyler and Emma weren't able to come on Christmas, so they came for New Year's Day. It was wonderful! Christmas all over again.

The kids were excited about presents under the tree and were pleased with their takings I think. Tyler had told me before Christmas, "Gram, you know kids do not like opening up clothes for Christmas." I, however, was drawn in by a hoodie I found and matched it to pants and a knit hat (black of course with a little red). He wore the hat the whole day and had the hoodie on before they left. So guess I didn't do too badly. Emma had Christmas when we went up on Christmas day, but I did have a chance to finish a Hello Kitty pillow case for her. Zeke liked helping her open that present, probably hoping it was food.

Emma found books and wanted to read. Ty stood by and listened too. Pap also got in on the action. Neither one of us can pass it up when one of our little ones wants to cuddle up.

We all sat down to a scrumptuous feast, especially more tasty because we were all together. Jon and Jenna and the boys were unable to come because Jon was sick with the flu. Poor guy! Don't think barbequed ribs would have set well on that stomach.

I was so glad Mamaw was able to spend time with two of her great-grandchildren. They were so loving to her and I know she felt so happy to be with them.

As for resolutions, I have long ago decided not to do resolutions. Scott (i.e. Hon i.e. Dad i.e. Pap) read part of "Horton Hatches an Egg" for Children's sermon. He talked about perseverance and following God no matter what and ended with the line: "I meant what I said and I said what I meant. I'll be faithful to God 100%!" That one I can do. Hope you are living it too. Blessings and Shalom and much love. Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Prasti said...

you did it! now you're pretty much up to date :)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home