Gram and Pap

Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's up since New Years?

Have done a lot of things since new years. My sisters and Corrie and I went to my mom's house (Mamaw's house) and redid her bathroom as her Christmas present. She was very excited and pleased with the finished product. I don't think we could have chosen anything better! I loved the wallpaper so much, I redid my bathroom too with the same paper. No pics taken of that one yet.


Our yearly winter activity has begun. Most years we try to put out a puzzle on the dining room table and just leave it there all winter, placing a piece here and there as we go through the room. Haven't done it in a couple of years. Last one we tried is on a board under the bed as the completed puzzle was "Starry Night" but each piece of the puzzle had a pixel of an outerspace picture or an astronaut, or other space stuff. And to top that off, the pixels repeated. We got frustrated and quit on it. (The puzzle was a gift from Corrie - so sorry sweetie!) Any body up for a challenging puzzle???

Had Friday night dinner with all of the kids and grandkids this Friday. A wonderful time was had by all.


Tyler came home with us after dinner. Today he helped me clean out the pantry, a much needed and long awaited job. It had become one of my "cram it and slam it" places. He took out all the goods and arranged them on the counter by category (i.e. vegetables, fruit, etc.) We then cleaned the shelves and replaced items, having thrown out two garbage bags of expired stuff.

Are you wondering what the winning expiration date was??????? HERE IT IS:::::

Corrie, I know you are REALLY freaked out now! I know you check labels, but it will probably be even worse now! Ha!

This afternoon, Ty and Pap and I went to see "Hotel for Dogs". It was a cute movie. Predictable, but cute. Ty had earned some spending money for helping with the pantry so we also made a stop at Toys R Us and he purchased this Lego racer set. He is quite adept in putting legos together - takes after his Uncle Jon there.

It's been a great weekend. Hope you all are safe and warm. Blessings and Shalom and much love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Corrie said...

Okay, I'm trying to block out the middle part of your entry and just focus on the fun stuff! (all I can say is YIKES!!!!)

Glad you had a good time with Ty. Special days, Gram Camp.

Looking forward to getting back to the puzzle.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Prasti said...

3 years expired! that's a bit scary :).

i just finished a 750 piece (ty and aaron helped a bit) but now i think i'm a bit puzzled out.

thanks again for dinner!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home